While summoning the energy to head back into the daily grind, I found some interesting facts about being a teacher taken from a Gallup poll surveying 14 different professions:
1. Teachers earned the #2 spot for general wellbeing as a profession.
2. In rating their lives on a scale of 0-10, teachers rate themselves higher than any other profession, except physicians.
3. They earned the #2 spot for those professionals who feel they learn or do something new every day.
4. Teachers rated highest in saying they’d laughed or smiled the day before.
5. Teachers took the number one place in saying they experienced happiness and enjoyment with their jobs.
With 2 million teachers needed to replace retirees in the next decade, maybe we should spread the good word. What new facts have you learned lately?
*facts taken from “The Gallup Blog.”